Samsung India started festive sales earlier this week. Today, it said that the company has sold more than 1.2 million or 12 lakh Galaxy devices on day 1 of online sales, creating a new record in India. In value terms, it sold Galaxy devices worth over Rs. 1000 crore in 24 hours, added Samsung.
New Amazon and Flipkart sales records
- On Day 1 of Amazon’s Great Indian Festival, Samsung was the number 1 smartphone brand, with every third smartphone being a Galaxy.
- Galaxy M13 was the number 1 bestseller, while the Galaxy M32 Prime Edition was among consumers’ top choice for Amazon’s Kickstarter deals.
- Galaxy M33 was the top-selling 5G smartphone on Amazon.
- Galaxy S22, biggest deal of the year on Amazon, and Galaxy S20 FE were among the top sellers in the premium segment on Amazon.
- On Day 1 of Flipkart’s Big Billion Days, Samsung doubled its market share on Flipkart.
- Galaxy F13 was among the top sellers in the 4G segment, while Galaxy F23 was the go-to 5G smartphone on Flipkart.
- Galaxy S21 FE and Galaxy S22+ did well in the premium segment sales on Flipkart.
With a strong start to the festive season sales, Samsung said that it is set to consolidate its 5G and overall smartphone leadership in the country.