Qualcomm just announced the Snapdragon 7 Gen 1, the company’s latest mid-range 7 series Mobile Platform, as the successor to the Snapdragon 778 / 778G+, as it had promised. This offers select Snapdragon Elite Gaming features including Qualcomm Adreno Frame Motion Engine, Qualcomm Game Quick Touch, Variable Rate Shading and more than 20% faster graphics rendering compared to the predecessor.
This also supports Quad HD+ Display and Snapdragon Sound Technology featuring anti-howling for multiplayer gaming. There is also Audio Contextual Detection that adjusts volume. The Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 features a Qualcomm Spectra triple ISP that lets you shoot simultaneously from three cameras or take photos at 200MP—a first in the Snapdragon 7 series.
It also has staggered 4K HDR and the 7th gen Qualcomm AI Engine, enables Deep Learning Face Detect, based on 300 facial landmarks, which allows for more accurate autofocus—even while wearing a mask. The Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 also features up to 30% improved AI performance. The new chip includes a dedicated Trust Management Engine and Android Ready SE—a Snapdragon 7-series first—prioritizing the safety and protection of users’ information.
It has 4th gen Snapdragon X62 5G Modem-RF System and includes Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 Mobile Connectivity System for Wi-Fi speeds of up to 3.6 Gbps, over Wi-Fi 6 and 6E – another first for the 7-series.
Highlights of Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1
- 4 x Kryo Performance CPUs (A710-based) at up to 2.4GHz, 4x Kryo Efficiency CPUs (A510-based) at up to 1.8GHz
- TSMC 4nm process Process Technology
- Built-in Qualcomm Snapdragon X62 5G modem-RF system, 5G mmWave and sub-6 GHz
- 5G speeds of up to 4.4Gpbs down,
- Qualcomm Adreno GPU, OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenCL 2.0 FP,Vulkan 1.1
- Hardware-accelerated H.265 and VP9 decoder; HDR Playback Codec support for HDR10+, HDR10, HLG and Dolby Vision
- Qualcomm Aqstic audio codec (WCD9385), New Qualcomm Aqstic smart speaker amplifier (WSA8835), Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N), Playback: -108dB, Qualcomm Audio and Voice Communication Suite
- Up to 25 MP triple camera, Up to 64+20 MP dual camera, Up to 84 MP single camera with ZSL, Up to 200MP single camera, Qualcomm Spectra Image Sensor Processor (Triple 14-bit ISPs)
- On-Device Display Support: FHD+ at 144 Hz, QHD+ at 60 Hz, Maximum External Display Support: up t QHD+ @ 60 Hz, 10-bit color depth, Rec. 2020 color gamut, HDR10 and HDR10+
- 4K HDR Video Capture + 64 MP Photo Capture, 10-bit HEIF: HEIC photo capture, HEVC video capture, Video Capture Formats: HDR10+, HDR10, HLG, 4K HDR Video Capture @ 30 FPS Slow-mo video capture at 720p @ 480 FPS, Demura and subpixel rendering for OLED Uniformity
- Qualcomm Hexagon Processor, Fused AI Accelerator, Hexagon Tensor Accelerator, Hexagon Vector eXtensions, Hexagon Scalar Accelerator, Support for mix precision (INT8+INT16), Support for all precisions (INT8, INT16, FP16)
- LPDDR5 3200MHz memory
- Wi-Fi 6E, 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) Multi-gigabit, Integrated 802.11ac 2×2 (2-stream) MU-MIMO, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz and 6GHz, Bluetooth 5.3, LE Audio, Dual Bluetooth antennas, Bluetooth audio: Snapdragon Sound Technology with support for Qualcomm aptX Voice, aptX Lossless, aptX Adaptive, and LE audio, NFC
- GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC capable, Dual Frequency GNSS (L1/L5), Sensor-Assisted Positioning, Urban pedestrian navigation with sidewalk accuracy, Global freeway lane-level vehicle navigation
- USB 3.1, USB-C
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology
The Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 Mobile Platform will power devices from leading global OEMs and brands including HONOR, OPPO, and Xiaomi, with commercial devices expected to be available in Q2 2022.