Airtel has announced that the Airtel Xstream now has 2 million paid subscribers. The company said that it is India’s fastest growing OTT aggregator platform.
- Users 2 Million subscribers spread across India. Significant user interest through repeat recharges/ subscriptions seen in Maharashtra, Karnataka, and Andhra Pradesh.
- Customer stickiness Average viewing time on Airtel Xstream is approx. 150 Minutes, which is increasing consistently.
- Difficult to choose between series and Movies – 51% of time spent on the platform was spent on series such as Gullak and Undekhi which registered heavy user interest in the North, while movies came a close second with 49% split led by regional blockbusters such as James.
- Good content has audience everywhere – Usage statistics from Airtel Xstream corroborate the recent spike in viewer’s interest for regional cinema. Movies such as James (Kannada), Maandu (Tamil), and Adavallu Meeku Joharlu (Telugu) have been trending on the platform in the top 5 for the last month. The demand for these movies is seen throughout India.
- SonyLiv, Hungama, Eros Now and Lions Gate play are the most searched for content partners on the platform. Multiple content properties from Sony occupy position in the trending top 10 list.
Mobile subscribers can select one OTT provider from the bouquet with a minimum recharge of Rs 148. Xstream Premium is available at Rs 149 and enables access to over 10,500 movie titles and shows plus live TV from Airtel’s OTT content partners such as Sony LIV, Eros Now, Lionsgate Play, Hoichoi, ManoramaMax, Shemaroo, Ultra, HungamaPlay, EPICon, Docubay, DivoTV etc.
Airtel said that it is looking to achieve 20 million paid subscriptions for Airtel Xstream and looking to bring onboard content partners such as Chaupal TV from Punjab and Kanccha Lannka from Odisha to its roster of OTT content partners.
Commenting on the milestone, Adarsh Nair, CEO – Airtel Digital, said:
Airtel Xstream is an idea whose time has come. It is a unique product that brings together the best content across India and the world under a single subscription in one app, at the most competitive price possible. Our accelerated growth is due to our ability to meet the needs of the Indian consumer for great regional content. We will be doubling down on our regional strategy with our existing partners and will continue to onboard new partners with stellar regional content catalogues.