Google today unveiled the most recent Wi-Fi system, the Nest Wifi Pro, which uses Wi-Fi 6E technology. All those home connections benefit from being made quicker, more dependable, and easier to maintain thanks to this new smart mesh Wi-Fi technology. Earlier this year, Google Nest Hub (2nd gen) launched in India.
The latest Google Nest Wi-Fi Pro with Wi-Fi 6E has the following features:
Wi-Fi 6E employs a less-crowded 6 GHz radio frequency. Wi-Fi 6E is two times quicker than Wi-Fi 6. The first of our Wi-Fi routers to offer 6E, Nest WiFi Pro supports next-generation phones, laptops, and other devices. Nest Wifi Pro analyses your network performance to keep it speedy and reduce congestion. It further prioritizes video calls and streaming.
Google Home app
The Google Home app gives step-by-step directions to set up your network in minutes. The app also lets you run speed tests, share your password, and set up a guest network.
- Nest Wifi Pro checks and diagnoses connectivity difficulties and tells you through the app. Google’s intelligence can fix common issues like a lost connection.
- And it’s free for you to better manage your kids’ relationships. In the app’s Family Wi-Fi settings, you’ll find parental controls like Wi-Fi scheduling to restrict access at bedtime or dinnertime and simple ways to block harmful content.
Safe and secure
Nest WiFi Pro includes free security features to protect your connection. In the Google Home app, you can view every connected device to help you identify and pause suspicious ones. Automatic software upgrades protect your Nest WiFi Pro router and network from security threats.
Nest WiFi Pro supports most home devices. It can handle high-bandwidth operations like video calls, 4K videos, and security camera streaming. One router may cover 2,200 feet.
- Nest Wifi Pro includes a Thread border router, which allows users to connect Thread smart devices to their home network while conserving energy. After Matter ramps up, you’ll be able to leverage the Nest WiFi Pro router like a Matter hub.
- It controls and connects to Matter-enabled devices, making it easy to maintain and add smart home devices in the future.
Beautiful and Sustainable design
Nest WiFi Pro’s high-gloss surface was inspired by ceramics. The devices come in four colors: snow, linen, fog, and lemongrass. Built with over 60% recycled materials, it’s a sustainable home networking option.
Google Nest Wifi Pro with Wi-Fi 6E: Specifications
- Coverage: Up to 2200 square feet per router, Scalable and flexible system – add routers for more coverage and Expandable IEEE 802.11s mesh Wi-Fi
- Automatic Wi-Fi optimization: Auto-QoS for video calls and Stadia gaming, Device prioritization, up to 8 hours
- Smart home connectivity: Matter, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), supports higher-power 6 GHz channels
- Performance: Wi-Fi 6E, 802.11ax Wi-Fi standard, AXE5400 – combined speeds up to 5.4 Gbps
- Processor and Memory: Dual-core 64-bit ARM CPU; 1 GB RAM, 4 GB flash
- Security: WPA3 encryption, Automatic security and software updates, Family protections, including parental controls
- Ports: Two Ethernet ports support 1 Gbps wired speeds per router
- Colors: Snow, Fog, Linen, Lemongrass
- Power: 22.5 W (10 V/2.25 A)
- Dimensions and weight: 130 mm height x 117 mm width x 85 mm depth; Weight: 450g
- Sustainability: 60% recycled materials based on product weight.
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- What’s in the box: Nest Wifi Pro (Wi-Fi 6E) 1-pack, Router, 22 W power adapter, Ethernet cable (6.5 ft), Quick start guide, Safety and warranty guide
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
Pricing and availability
It will be available online and in stores on October 27, with pre-orders beginning October 4. Nest Wifi Pro is priced at $399.99 (Rs. 32,586 approx.) for a three-pack, covering up to 6,600 square feet. It’s also available at $299.99 (Rs. 24,439 approx.) for a two-pack or $199.99 (Rs. 16,292 approx.) for a one-pack to accommodate homes of all sizes.