Google just announced the Pixel 6a at its Google I/O event, as expected. The phone comes with a 6.1-inch FHD+ OLED display, is powered by Google Tensor SoC with support for 5G SA/NSA and comes with Titan M2 Security chip. These run Android 12, and will receive security updates for at least 5 years, but OS updates is at 3 years, same as Pixel 6 and 6 Pro.
The phone has 3D thermoformed composite back cover compared to glass in the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro. It comes with a 12.2MP rear camera, OIS along with a 12MP ultra-wide secondary camera, and an 8-megapixel camera on the front. It has an in-display fingerprint scanner and packs a 4306mAh battery compared to 4,680mAh in the predecessor.
Google Pixel 6a specifications
- 6.1-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED HDR display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Google Tensor processor (2x 2.80GHz Cortex-X1 + 2 x 2.25GHz Cortex-A76 + 4 x 1.80GHz Cortex-A55) with 848MHz Mali-G78 MP20 GPU, Titan M2 security chip
- 6GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12.2MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, LED flash, OIS, 12MP 107° Ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF
- 8MP front camera with 84° ultra-wide lens, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water and dust Resistant (IP67)
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, 2 microphones
- Dimensions: 152.2x 71.8x 8.9mm; Weight: 178g
- 5G SA/NA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS, USB Type C 3.1 (1st Gen), NFC
- 4,306 (Typical) battery with 18W wired fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Google Pixel 6a comes in charcoal, chalk and sage colours, is priced at $449 (Rs. 34,745 approx.) and will be available to pre-order in the US starting from July 21st. It will ship starting from July 28th.
It will also be available in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan and United Kingdom soon. Google has confirmed that the phone will also be available in India later this year.