iQOO has announced U5e , the company’s latest mid-range 5G smartphone in the U series, in China. It features a 6.51-inch HD+ display, is powered by Mediatek Dimensity 700 SoC with support for 5G SA/NSA, up to 6GB of RAM, runs Android 11 with realme UI 2.0 on top, packs dual rear cameras that include a 13-megapixel main camera and a 2-megapixel macro camera. There is an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
It has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 18W charging.
iQOO U5e specifications
- 6.51-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 LCD screen
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 12 with OriginOS Ocean
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 164×75.84×8.25mm; Weight: 193g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) / 4890mAh (minimum) battery with 18W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The iQOO U5e comes in Black and White colours, is priced at 1399 yuan (US$ 208 / Rs. 16,330 approx.) for the 4GB + 128GB storage, and the 6GB + 128GB version costs 1499 yuan (US$ 223 / Rs. 17,495 approx.). It will go on sale in China soon.