Reliance Jio just announced the launch of 5G services in 4 cities – Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, and Varanasi as a part of beta trial on the auspicious occasion of Dussehra.
The company said that its True 5G services are getting ready in these metros, and launched Jio Welcome Offer that will enable its invited customers to trial True-5G services and provide service and user-experience feedback.
This comes after the company confirmed at the AGM in August that it will launch 5G services based on standalone (SA) architecture in multiple key cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata by Diwali.
JIO TRUE 5G WELCOME OFFER
- Jio True 5G Welcome Offer is being launched in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Varanasi for Jio users, by invitation
- These customers will get Unlimited 5G data with up to 1 Gbps+ speeds
- The Beta trial service for other cities will be announced progressively as cities keep getting ready
- Users will continue to avail of this Beta trial until the network coverage of a city is substantially complete to provide the best coverage and user experience to every customer.
- Invited ‘Jio Welcome Offer’ users will be automatically upgraded to the Jio True 5G service without needing to change their existing Jio SIM or 5G handset
- Jio is also working with all handset brands to enable their 5G handsets to work seamlessly with Jio True 5G services so that customers have the most comprehensive range of 5G devices to choose from
Commenting on the launch, Akash M Ambani, Chairman, Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, said:
Our Prime Minister has given a clarion call for accelerated roll-out of 5G across India to realize the full potential of a Digital India. In response, Jio has prepared an ambitious and the fastest ever 5G roll-out plan for a country of our size.
India is leading the Digital revolution. Jio 5G will be True 5G, and we believe India deserves nothing less than TRUE-5G. Jio 5G will be the world’s most advanced 5G network, built for every Indian, by Indians.
By embracing 5G, Jio will create nation-first platforms and solutions that will transform skill development, education, healthcare, agriculture, and many such sectors, with the promise of enabling a better life for every Indian.
5G cannot remain an exclusive service available to the privileged few or those in our largest cities. It must be available to every citizen, every home, and every business across India. Only then can we dramatically increase productivity, earnings, and living standards across our entire economy, thereby creating a prosperous and inclusive society in our country.