motorola just launched the edge 30, the company’s latest mid-range 5G smartphone in India, as it had announced. The phone was introduced last month and packs a 6.5″ OLED, 10-bit colour screen with DCI-P3 colour space, HDR10+, 144Hz refresh rate, is powered by the Snapdragon 778G+ SoC with up to 8GB of RAM. The phone runs Android 12.
It has a 50MP main camera, 50MP ultrawide-angle lens with macro option and a 2MP depth sensor. There is a 32MP camera on the front. The phone comes with an in-display fingerprint scanner, compared to the side-mounted scanner embedded into the power button in the edge 30 Pro.
At a thickness of 6.79mm, the company says that it is the world’s thinnest 5G smartphone. It has a matte finish back with Gorilla Glass 3 protection and packs a 4020mAh battery with support for TurboPower 30 fast charging and comes with a 33W charger in the box.
motorola edge 30 specifications
- 6.5-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED 144Hz display, HDR10+, 10-bit colour, DCI-P3 colour space
- Octa Core (4 x 2.5GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G+ 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 12 with MyUX
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP main camera with f/1.88 aperture, OIS, 50MP 118° ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2.5cm macro option, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 4K at up to 60 fps
- 32MP front camera with f/2.25 aperture, 4K recording at 30fps
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 159.38 x 74.236 x 6.79mm; Weight: 155g
- Splash resistant (IP52)
- 5G (N1/N2/N3/N5/N7/N8/N20/N28/N38/N40/N41/N66/N78 bands), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4020mAh battery with 33W TurboPower fast charging
Pricing and availability
The motorola edge 30 comes in Aurora Green and Meteor Grey colours, is priced at Rs. 27,999 for the 6GB + 128GB model and the 8GB + 128GB model costs Rs. 29,999. and will be available from Flipkart online, and from Reliance Digital stores and other leading retail stores offline starting from May 19.
- Rs. 2000 instant discount with HDFC Bank Credit Card and EMI