Last week, Qualcomm introduced its Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 Mobile Platform for upcoming flagship devices. At that time, Motorola confirmed that it will introduce new devices powered by the chip. The teaser also hinted at a foldable phone. Today, in China, the company has confirmed the launch of a new phone with Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC and a 200MP camera in July.
Based on earlier rumours, this could use 200MP Samsung ISOCELL HP1 sensor was introduced last year. This also surfaced as motorola ‘Frontier 22’ several times over the past few months. It could be launched as motorola edge X30 Pro in China in July and in other markets as motorola edge 30 ultra soon after.
motorola edge X30 Pro / edge 30 ultra rumoured specifications
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ 144Hz POLED curved display, DCI-P3 color gamut, HDR10+
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 Plus 4nm Mobile Platform
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 200MP rear camera with Samsung ISOCELL HP1 sensor, OIS, LED flash, 50MP ultra-wide camera, 12MP 2x telephoto camera
- 60MP front camera
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, triple microphone array
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 6E, MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, QZSS(L1+L5), 2 x USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with 125W wired fast charging, 30W / 50W wireless charging
We should know more details in the coming weeks.