OnePlus just announced the OnePlus Ace Racing / Speed Edition, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone, as it had promised. It retains the Dimensity 8100-MAX SoC from the OnePlus Ace and also has HyperBoost game frame stabilization engine, and has 8-layer cooling system that includes a large area of liquid-cooled VC, diamond thermal conductive material, ultra-high density graphite and 360°antenna, but this replaces the OLED screen with a 6.59-inch 120Hz LCD screen with variable refresh rate.
The phone features a 64-megapixel main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide camera and a 2-megapixel macro camera. There is a 16MP camera on the front. It packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 67W fast charging that can charge up to 80% in 29 minutes.
OnePlus Ace Racing Edition specifications
- 6.59-inch (2412 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 30/48/50/60/90/120Hz variable refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate
- Octa Core (4 x 2.85GHz A78 + 4 x 2.0GHz A55) Dimensity 8100-Max 5nm processor with Mali-G510 MC6 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1 (In China)
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, LED flash
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.05 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 164.3×75.8×8.7mm; Weight: 205g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 67W fast charging
Pricing and availability
OnePlus Ace Racing Edition comes in Blue and Black colours, is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 297 / Rs. 23,030 approx.) for the 8GB + 128GB, 2199 yuan (US$ 326 / Rs. 25,335 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB and the top-end 12GB + 256GB model costs 2499 yuan (US$ 371 / Rs. 28,790 approx.). It will be available at a discount rate during the first sale.