After teasers, realme has confirmed the launch of its narzo 50 5G series in India on May 18th. The teaser says that the narzo 50 series will feature the most powerful processor in the segment – MediaTek Dimensity 920. This should be the narzo 50 Pro 5G. The teaser also confirms a punch-hole screen for the phone.
The realme 9 Pro+ 5G is the company’s first phone to use the Dimensity 920 SoC, but it starts at Rs. 24,999, so the naro 50 Pro should be cheaper, making it one of the first phones in the price range to use the chip. It will also come with vapor chamber cooling system and 5 layers of cooling for improved heat dissipation. So this could be a good gaming phone in the range.
This is a huge jump compared to Dimensity 800U used in last year’s narzo 30 Pro smartphone. That the company also hits as thinnest narzo.
Based on earlier rumours, the narzo 50 5G will be similar to the realme Q5i that was introduced in China last month.
realme narzo 50 5G / Q5i specifications
- 6.58-inch (2408 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 810 6nm processor (Dual 2.4GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 12 with realme UI 3.0
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, 2MP 4cm macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 163.8×75.1×8.1mm; Weight: 190g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 33W fast charging
The realme narzo 50 5G and narzo 50 Pro 5G will be sold on Amazon.in, in addition to realme.com and offline stores.