Sharp has introduced AQUOS R6, the company’s latest flagship smartphone, in the 2022 summer line up in Japan as the successor to last year’s R6. The phone has 6.6-inch WXGA+ IGZO OLED with 1Hz-240Hz adaptive refresh rate, but this replaces the Snapdragon 888 with Snapdragon 8 Gen 1.
It has a 47.2MP 1″ sensor with Leica Sumicron lens that 1.8 times brighter than the predecessor, says the company. It can quickly and accurately focus on moving people and objects, thanks to high-speed AF function. There is a 1.9MP secondary camera for portrait mode.
Sharp AQUOS R7 specifications
- 6.6-inch (1260 x 2730 pixels) WUXGA+ Pro IGZO OLED display, 1-240Hz refreshrate
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, microSD up to 1TB
- Android 12
- 47.2MP 1″ sensor with f/1.9 aperture, Leica Sumicron lens, EIS, LED Flash, Low Light 1.9MP ToF AF camera
- 12.6MP front camera with f/2.3 aperture
- Qualcomm 3D Sonic Max in-display ultrasonic fingerprint sensor
- Water and dustproof (IPX5 / IPX8 / IP6X)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,000mAh battery with fast charging
The Sharp AQUOS R7 comes in Black and Silver colours and will roll out starting July 2022 in Japan through local operators NTT Docomo and Softbank. Pricing will be announced closer to the launch.