Along with the Xperia 1 IV, Sony also introduced the Xperia 10 IV, the company’s mid-range 5G smartphone. It has the same 6-inch 21:9 Wide Full HD+ OLED screen with 60Hz refresh rate and 120Hz Touch sampling rate, but this has Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection, is powered by Snapdragon 695 SoC with 6GB of RAM and runs Android 12.
The phone features triple rear cameras including 12MP (main) +8MP (telephoto) and 8MP (120° ultra-wide) and an 8MP front camera, same as the predecessor, but the main camera now comes with OIS. At just 161 grams, it is the world’s lightest 5G smartphone with a 5,000mAh battery, says the company.
Sony Xperia 10 IV specifications
- 6-inch (2520 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED 21:9 aspect ratio Wide display with 97% DCI-P3, 10 bit tonal gradation, Triluminous display for mobile, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 690 8nm Mobile Platform (2GHz x 2+1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 560 CPUs) with Adreno 619L GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 12
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 1/2.8″ sensor, 79° wide-angle lens, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 8MP 1/4″ 120° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 1/4.4″ sensor for up to 10x hybrid zoom
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1/4″ sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, 78° wide-angle lens
- Side-Mounted fingerprint sensor
- Water and dust resistant (IP65/68)
- 3.5mm audio jack, 360 Reality Audio Certified, 360 Reality Audio Upmix, DSEE Ultimate, Stereo Recording, Qualcomm aptX adaptive
- Dimensions: 153 x 67 x 8.3 mm; Weight: 161g
- 5G (sub-6GHz) / 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with up to 30W (USB PD) fast charging, Xperia Adaptive Charging, Battery Care, STAMINA Mode
Pricing and availability
The Sony Xperia 10 IV comes in Black, White, Mint and Lavender colours, is priced at €499 (Rs. 40,695 approx.) and will roll out from June.