Xiaomi has introduced the much-anticipated Xiaomi Band 7 in China, as it had announced. It features the same design as the previous generation, with enhancements such as a larger display, better battery life, and more additional sports modes.
Xiaomi has introduced the Band 7 in two variants: Band 7 and Band 7 NFC. It features a 1.62-inch AMOLED display, which is 0.06-inches larger than last year’s model. The display has a 192 x 490 pixel-resolution, a 326 PPI pixel density, and 500 nits of maximum brightness. The device offers an always-on display on select watch faces and also features a dynamic Mars wallpaper like the one available on MIUI 13. The device comes with colorful TPU antibacterial wristbands for more choices to consumers.
The Xiaomi Band 7 now includes 120 sports modes. Furthermore, it provides four sports data analysis features, such as VO2 Max, ATPPC, Aerobic, and Recovery Time, and indeed, the fitness band will provide feedback on your achievements in its Mi Fitness (Xiaomi Wear app). In terms of health features, the new Xiaomi Band provides continuous heart rate tracking, continuous blood oxygen saturation monitoring, as well as 24/7 sleep tracking. The majority of the standard and women’s health tracking features have not changed in this iteration. Furthermore, the Band 7 includes Xiao AI assistant support and also provides 5ATM (50 meters) water-resistant.
The Band 7 is equipped with a 180 mAh battery that could last up to 15 hours of battery life on a single charge. The longevity of the smart band is said to be approximately 9 days with continuous usage. It incorporates a magnetic charger identically to the Xiaomi Band 6.
In addition, Xiaomi adopted Goodix’s health sensor to power Band 7, allowing the device to measure health data with high precision while consuming minimal power. With the use of this high-performance sensor and perhaps a dedicated app, smartwatches / fitness trackers such as the Xiaomi Band 7 are capable of supporting a longer battery life and providing unique features such as sleep tracking, fitness management, and pressure monitoring, among others. It is the first time that a fitness tracker has been powered by a health sensor.
Xiaomi Band 7 specifications
- 1.62-inch (192×490 pixels) HD 2.5D AMOLED touch display, 326 PPI, Up to 500nits of brightness
- Bluetooth 5.2 that connects to Android 6.0 and above and iOS 10.0 and above, NFC (NFC Edition only)
- 5ATM Water-resistant up to 50 meters
- Optical heart rate and blood oxygen sensor, six-axis motion sensor
- 120 workout modes including professional workout modes such as indoor and outdoor running, cycling, and rope skipping, etc.
- Continuous heart rate tracking, continuous blood oxygen saturation monitoring, as well as 24/7 sleep tracking, Female health tracking etc.
- Smart controls such as music control, remote camera control, quick message reply, incoming call alerts
- 100+ new watch faces with AOD support, includes Mars Super Wallpaper
- Dimensions: 46.5 × 20.7 × 12.25mm;Weight: 13.5g; 13.8g for NFC version
- 180mAh battery offers up to 15 days of battery life with typical usage, charging time of about 2 hours
- Wristband material: TPU; Wrist buckle material: Aluminum alloy
- Adjustable length of wrist strap: 160-224mm
- Strap Colors: White, Black, Blue, Pink, Green and Orange
Pricing and availability
- Xiaomi Band 7 without NFC is priced at CNY 249 (INR 2,905 approx.).
- Xiaomi Band 7 with NFC is priced at CNY 299 (INR 3,485 approx.).
In China, The device is already available for pre-order and will be available for purchase on May 31.