ZTE just announced Axon 40 Ultra, the company’s latest flagship smartphone for the global markets, after it was announced in China last month. The phone packs a 6.8-inch Full HD+ 120Hz refresh rate 71° curved AMOLED screen from BOE with 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 10-bit color depth and 1.07 billion colours.
It is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, total heat dissipation area of the nine-layer heat dissipation structure can reach 36,356 mm²; assisted by the new dual-channel enhanced VC liquid-cooled vaporizer, up to 12GB of RAM, Dual speakers and upgraded X-axis linear motor.
The phone has a third-generation under-screen camera with full-screen blue diamond arrangement, independent pixel driver, distributed transparent circuit, UDC Pro screen display chip. It has a 16-megapixel front UDC, which can reach up to a 2.24μm large pixel infusion effect, generating greater light sensitivity for the UDC area.
The phone has a 64MP custom IMX787 main camera, OIS, 64MP custom IMX787 ultra-wide-angle main camera and 64MP periscope telephoto camera with 5.7x optical zoom, OIS. The phone has a 5000mAh battery and 65W fast charging.
ZTE Axon 40 Ultra specifications
- 6.8-inch (2480 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, 1440Hz PWM dimming, up to 1500 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with MyOS 12
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with IMX787 sensor, f/1.6 aperture, OIS, 64MP ultra-wide lens with IMX787 sensor, 64MP Periscope telephoto camera with OV64B sensor, 5.7x optical zoom, TOF sensor, LED flash, 8K recording with all cameras
- 16MP Under-screen camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 161.53×72.96×8.0mm ; Weight: 188g
- 5G NSA /SA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz + 6GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1/L5)+ GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 65W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The ZTE Axon 40 Ultra is priced at $799 (Rs. 62,110 approx.) / €829/ £709 for the 8GB+128GB version and $899 (Rs. 69,885 approx.) / €949/ £809 for the 12GB+256GB version. It will be available from June 21, 2022, on the ZTE website.
Additionally, there will be a pre-order discount, allowing customers to pay $1.99/ €1.99/ £1.99 for a coupon in order to save $50/ €50/ £40, from June 8, 2022 till June 21, 2022.
Countries and regions for open-sales include:
- North America: Canada, United States (56 of 62 states – American Samoa, Guam, Hawaii, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands not included)
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (50 of 52 provinces), Sweden, United Kingdom
- Middle East: Israel, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates
- Asia Pacific: Australia, Hong Kong SAR, Indonesia, Japan, Macao SAR, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam
- Africa: South Africa (8 of 9 provinces)